JACKSON INSURANCE AGENCY
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
|Posted on May 28, 2019 at 2:26 PM||comments (275)|
10 Small Changes That Will Boost Your Happiness
Making small subtle changes such as smiling a little more each day can move us toward greater happiness in no time.
Here are 10 small changes to help boost your happiness.
1. Be kind to others.
2. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
3. Say hello.
4. Say hello right back.
6. Be polite.
7. Respect your elders.
8. Don't lie (or, seriously, try not to lie).
9. Cultivate forgiveness.
10. Listen to people.
These are just a few steps to boost your happiness. Can you think of anymore? If so please share your ideas
|Posted on May 13, 2019 at 2:57 PM||comments (423)|
Six relaxation techniques to reduce stress
Practicing even a few minutes per day can provide a reserve of inner calm.
We all face stressful situations throughout our lives, ranging from minor annoyances like traffic jams to more serious worries, such as a loved one's grave illness. We can't avoid all sources of stress in our lives, nor would we want to. But we can develop healthier ways of responding to them.
Following are six relaxation techniques that can help you evoke the relaxation response and reduce stress:
1. Breath focus: In this simple, powerful technique, you take long, slow, deep breaths (also known as abdominal or belly breathing)
2. Body scan: This technique blends breath focus with progressive muscle relaxation. After a few minutes of deep breathing, you focus on one part of the body or group of muscles at a time and mentally releasing any physical tension you feel there
3. Guided imagery:For this technique, you conjure up soothing scenes, places, or experiences in your mind to help you relax and focus.
4. Mindfulness meditation:This practice involves sitting comfortably, focusing on your breathing, and bringing your mind's attention to the present moment without drifting into concerns about the past or the future.
5. Yoga, tai chi, and qigong:These three ancient arts combine rhythmic breathing with a series of postures or flowing movements.
6. Repetitive prayer: For this technique, you silently repeat a short prayer or phrase from a prayer while practicing breath focus.
Try to practice for at least 20 minutes a day, although even just a few minutes can help. But the longer and the more often you practice these relaxation techniques, the greater the benefits and the more you can reduce stress.
What are your thoughts and practices on ways to relax?
|Posted on May 9, 2019 at 12:33 PM||comments (151)|
12 Tips For College Grads Entering The Workforce:
Congratulations! Graduation is behind you.
Now, all you need to do is get out there and start doing what you've dreamt about.
But don't expect not to face some challenges.
Here are a few top tips for graduates fresh out of college:
1. Find Ways To Build Your Credibility And Value:
Gain experience by volunteering in a way that uses your skills, take initiative in proposing projects, and put your hand up to take on new challenges.
2. Make Mistakes, Then Learn From Them:
We learn more from our failures than our successes, so make a lot of mistakes early on when the stakes are lower, and soak in the learning.
3. Find A Mentor:
Secure an internal and external mentor early in your career!
4. Discover What 'Soft Skills' Need Work:
Take time to understand your personality and learn what "soft skills" you need to improve.
5. Give To Get:
Grow a reputation as a giver and a helper
6. Dress To Match The Culture:
Make sure your wardrobe represents the brand of the company, especially if you want to grow in leadership.
7. Switch Your Focus:
As a student it was all about you, employers will hire you for what you can do for them, not vice versa.
8. Cultivate Patience:
Cultivating patience will help you avoid burnout and stay positive, while also being a compassionate and supportive teammate and employee.
9. Be Coachable And A Team Player:
Many of your colleagues or managers will get frustrated with you if you come to work thinking you already know everything, and don't want to do grunt work.
10. Identify Your Point Of Distinction:
What is so unique to you that you'll be remembered among everyone else? Express that element into everything, from your resume to your communication.
11. Use Strong Verbs To Describe What You Do:
Understanding your natural strengths and communicating them clearly helps others value you more.
12. Be Agile And Continuously Learn:
Pay attention to developments in your industry for both threats to your work and career plans, as well as opportunities that will open up in the future.
Prayerfully these tips were helpful. Please feel free to share any tips that worked for you.
|Posted on May 7, 2019 at 12:50 PM||comments (91)|
15 Fun Things To Do In Indiana This Summer
Before you know it summer is going to be over. Here’s a list of 15 fun summer activities you can consider enjoying before summer ends.
1. Indianapolis Zoo and White River Gardens:
Located at 1200 W. Washington St., Indianapolis
2. Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo:
In Fort Wayne, Indiana
3. Fort Wayne TinCaps at Parkview Field:
At 1301 Ewing St. Fort Wayne
4. Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari:
Rides and slides, food, and snacks, you can find it all at 452 East Christmas Boulevard, Santa Claus.
5. Indiana Dunes:
At 1215 N State Rd 49, Porter, going along the shore of Lake Michigan
6. Indianapolis Motor Speedway:
With a need for speed, you can satisfy your speedy urges in Indianapolis, Indiana.
7. Quilt Gardens Tour:
To find the most intricate patterns of all visit Quilt Gardens Tour in Elkhart County.
8. The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis:
Located at 3000 N Meridian St, Indianapolis
9. Turkey Run State Park:
Turkey Run State Park is located at 8121 Park Rd., Marshal
10. Indiana Beach:
Located in Monticello you will find an awesome amusement park on Lake Shafer.
11. Holcomb Observatory and Planetarium:
At 4600 Sunset Avenue, Indianapolis
12. Hesston Steam Museum:
Hesston Steam Museum is located at 1201 E 1000 N, La Porte.
13. Conner Prairie Interactive History Park:
Located at 13400 Allisonville Rd, Fishers
14. Brown County State Park:
Brown County State Park is located at 1810 State Road 46 E, Nashville.
15. Marengo Cave National Landmark:
At 400 East State Road 64, Marengo is the Marengo Cave National Landmark.
Have you ever been to any of these places before? Maybe you are thinking about going to them now? Maybe you have a favorite not on this list?
Share with me in the comments!
|Posted on May 7, 2019 at 9:16 AM||comments (78)|
Simple Things To Do To Prepare For The Summer
1. Plan a vacation..
2. Get moving!
3. Stock up on sunscreen .
4. Clean out your closet
5. Sign up for summer events and activities
6. Clean up the grill
7. Prepare for activities at home
8. Plan & prepare for a garden
9. Make a list of books to read
10. Mark your calendar for Family events, BBQs, and friendly get-togethers.
How do you get ready for summer? We'd love to get some ideas from you feel free to share!!
|Posted on June 24, 2016 at 1:07 PM||comments (209)|
Why Do You Need Insurance?
Homeowners insurance is an important purchase for many people. There are two major reasons to buy homeowners insurance:
• To protect your assets Homeowners insurance covers the structure of your home and your personal property, as well as your personal legal responsibility (or liability) for injuries to others or their property while they’re on your property.
• To satisfy your mortgage lender Most mortgage lenders require you to have insurance as long as you have a mortgage and to list them as the mortgagee on the policy. If you let your insurance lapse, your mortgage lender will likely have your home insured. Compared to a policy you would buy on your own, the premium might be much higher and the coverage will be limited to damage to the structure of your home. The lender can require you to pay this higher premium until you get your own homeowners insurance again.
|Posted on June 13, 2016 at 10:56 AM||comments (150)|
According to the USA Today 1 out 7 Americans drive with out auto insurance. That's according to an industry group that estimates 13.8% of motorists are uninsured, a number that has climbed during the economic downturn as many financially-pressed Americans allowed their insurance to lapse.
If this is you visit http://www.jacksoninsuranceagency.biz and click the "Bind Coverage Now!!" tab and bind your own coverage, quick, easy, and simple. For further questions please contact the Jackson Insurance Agency at 260-434-0352.